Many of you know that bone broth is easy on the digestion, and an excellent way to boost your immune system.
What isn’t as well known is that broth can help reduce cellulite by improving connective tissue, increase hair growth/strength, improve digestive issues and remineralize teeth.
Nothing replaces electrolytes and soothes the soul like a mug of bone broth. Put in a large thermos and make yourself sip throughout labor. Your body will thank you!
- 2 pounds (or more) of bones from a healthy source
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 3 stalks of celery
- 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Optional: 1 bunch of parsley, 1 tablespoon or more of sea salt, 1 teaspoon peppercorns, additional herbs
- or spices to taste. I also add 2 cloves of garlic for the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Put vegetables then bones in a crock pot. Drizzle the Apple Cider Vinegar all over the bones and fill crock with water to cover. Put the lid on and simmer on low 18-48 hours for beef or 12-18 for chicken broth.
- Ladle out some in a mug to drink now and store the rest in a glass container in the fridge for later.